Re: Take your postgresSql on the road, and live to tell of it.

От Owen Hartnett
Тема Re: Take your postgresSql on the road, and live to tell of it.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
At 2:15 PM -0700 8/7/07, Ben wrote:
>How many users do you have? Have you considered giving each user a
>schema in which to make their changes? It sounds like you don't
>really have a multi-master replication issue, which makes things
>easier.

Maybe I'm not understanding the strategy, but I don't see what this
buys me, as I have to end up with a single database schema that has
incorporated all the changes.  If I can "record" all the SQL a user
does from the checkpoint on, then I can "psql <" it in to the main
database.  Once I've combined their data into the database that sits
on the server, I don't need their database copies anymore.

-Owen

Сообщение: Re: Take your postgresSql on the road, and live to tell of it.
Сообщение: Re: Take your postgresSql on the road, and live to tell of it.